Podcast: Play in new window | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Podchaser | TuneIn | RSS
Allison Graham shares her challenges as a business owner after a botched surgery left her with permanent nerve damage and the joy of becoming a “resiliency ninja”.
“If you’re going through hell, keep going” became a mantra for Allison Graham after she had a botched surgery that caused relentless nerve pain. Several surgeries and hundreds of doctor’s appointments later, Allison had to find a different way to deal with emotional, mental and financial challenges.
Tired of wearing a mask to hide her struggle, Allison learned to stop hiding what was going on inside, adapt her business model and create a new kind of freedom.
Allison’s story is remarkable, filled with hard-earned practical wisdom that she shares in her new book Married My Mom, Birthed A Dog.
- How her post surgery life gave her permission to let go of what she thought she had to do and build the life she really wanted.
- Allison explains the Continuum of Challenges: the difference between stress, obstacles and adversity.
- The ramifications of treating stress as adversity and adversity as stress takes you away from your power.
- Do the emotional work. Life feels different when you’re operating from a place of joy.
- Be creative to figure out what works for you.
- Setting goals that are realistic in the face of rampant FOMO (fear of missing out).
- How to recognize what FOMO feels like in your body.
- Advice for big-hearted people who are seeking meaning and impact as you navigate the self help industry.
- Allison describes what it was like to let go and find forgiveness.
Mentioned in this episode:
Visit Allison Graham’s website
Allison Graham’s book – Married My Mom, Birthed A Dog
Gay Hendricks’ book – The Big Leap
This episode is brought to you by the Free Your Inner Guru Guidebook. This free download is for you if you want to align your business and your life with your values and become the leader you want to see in the world.
Want to have big conversations in your life?
Support the podcast and join the Free Your Inner Guru® Leadership Community at patreon.com/freeyourinnerguru
Leave a Reply