You are going to love this conversation with Regina Louise, author of Permission Granted: Kick-Ass Strategies to Bootstrap Your Way to Unconditional Self Love.
Regina Louise is a remarkable human being who engages in this conversation with grace, intelligence, empathy and generosity.
Before Regina wrote her latest book Permission Granted, she authored two bestselling memoirs: Somebody’s Someone and Someone Has Led This Child to Believe in which she shares her journey that included being in thirty foster homes as a child. Her memoirs became the award-winning Lifetime movie I Am Somebody’s Child: The Regina Louise Story.
Regina joins me to explore topics of the day, including racism, privilege, being a social agent, COVID19, and how writing her 2 memoirs prepared her to write to Permission Granted, her first non-fiction self help book.
- How Regina learned the value of her own permission when her fighting spirit was seen as troublesome.
- How women and historically underrepresented folks must give ourselves permission to be bigger than a suppressive society wants us to be.
- The truth of racism in a constructed, hegemonic society.
- Moving into the world from the place “where spirit meets bone.”
- Nexting: always imagining the highest order of possibility.
- Liminal space: feeling moored in the “time in between,” and at the threshold where change is afoot.
- Regina shares her decision to be double vaccinated and wear a mask, despite her prior skepticism based on having pharmaceutical drugs forced on her as a child of the system.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Permission Granted: Kick-Ass Strategies to Bootstrap Your Way to Unconditional Self-Love
- Somebody’s Someone: A Memoir
- Someone Has Led This Child to Believe
Become a Free Your Inner Guru® supporter:
- Become a patron on Patreon – https://patreon.com/freeyourinnerguru
- Purchase a fun new hoodie, t-shirt and/or sustainably printed notebooks. (Use LAUNCH15 at checkout for 15% savings.) – https://freeyourinnerguru.com/shop
Connect with Free Your Inner Guru®: