In her book Feed Your Soul, Carly Pollack combines practical guidance on what to eat with timeless wisdom.
Being a conscious leader requires focus, clarity, and energy. In this episode, Carly Pollack and Free Your Inner Guru host Laura Tucker explore why many people experience wellness as a battle between two voices – our compassionate Higher Self and our obsessive, punishing lower self – and why our relationship with food is a mirror for where we are on our spiritual path.
Carly Pollack is the founder of Nutritional Wisdom, a thriving private practice based in Austin, Texas. A Certified Clinical Nutritionist with a master’s degree in holistic nutrition, Carly has been awarded Best Nutritionist in Austin five years running and has helped over 10,000 people achieve their health and happiness goals.
“Instead of someone outside of you – or a book or a person…Feed Your Soul is really a book about teaching you how to find your own boundaries. It’s not ‘Hey, I’ve never met you in my whole life, but I’m going to write a book telling you how I think you need to eat.’ It’s different for everyone, and different at different seasons of their life.” – Carly Pollack
- Carly shares her experience of being at war with her body, a constant chaotic battle with 2 sides.
- The role of awareness in guiding your health. Why focussing on the food and the movement is ineffective.
- When you feel like your emotional wellness is easily being tripped up by external triggers, you need to look at your spiritual practice and strengthen it.
- The difference between judgment and holding yourself to a high standard
- Where Carly stands on the two opposing camps in woman’s wellness
- Simple but impactful guidance on what to eat: foods that rot.
- Why the white potato is a victim of dogma.
- How to apply the 80/20 rule to nutrition.
- What it was like to approach publishers with a book that contains no hook or quick fix.
Carly Pollack’s Memorable Quotes
“Obsessiveness and awareness cannot coexist.”
“I can’t influence myself if I’m judging myself.”
“I don’t want to take the life out of food, I want to take the power out of food.”
“To demonize the banana, we are missing the point. We are doing this a lot to distract ourselves from the bigger picture of doing the deeper work.”
Mentioned in this episode
Carly Pollack’s book – Feed Your Soul -Nutritional Wisdom to Lose Weight Permanently and Live Fulfilled
Website – carlypollack.com
Want more conscious conversations in your life?
Support the podcast and join the Free Your Inner Guru® Leadership Community at freeyourinnerguru.com/leadership-community