Shulamit Ber Levtov joins Laura for a conversation about the parallels between cult dynamics and abusive intimate relationships, the intersection of conspiracy theory and the self help industry, and dealing with shit therapists.
Shulamit Ber Levtov is a resilience and mindset consultant who uses her background as a trauma therapist to help woman-identifying entrepreneurs manage their mindset and pilot their emotions so they can overcome the anxiety and isolation of running a business.
Full show notes with working links at https://freeyourinnerguru.com/shulamit-ber-levtov/
- Shulamit shares how why she became a therapist after experiencing an abusive intimate relationship and how that helps her work with women-identifying entrepreneurs.
- The distinction between being victimized and having an identity as a victim.
- Why we shy away from words like victim, vulnerable, and cult.
- Conspirituality: the intersection of conspiracy thinking and the wellness and self help industries.
- The self help industry: has it overshot inspiration and become an industry reliant on indoctrination?
- Parallels between victims of cults and abusive intimate relationships.
- The cumulative nature of “small T trauma” and the ubiquity of microaggressions and coercive control.
- Group dynamics: What it takes to build a healthy environment for human connection.
- Dealing with shit therapists.
Mentioned in this episode
- Janja Lalich: When Self Help Turns Cult – https://freeyourinnerguru.com/janja-lalich
- Conspirituality podcast – conspirituality.net
Connect with Shulamit
- Instagram – @the_entrepreneurs_therapist
Become a podcast supporter:
- Become a patron on Patreon – https://patreon.com/freeyourinnerguru
- Shop the fun new hoodies, t-shirts and sustainably printed notebooks. (Use LAUNCH15 at checkout for 15% savings.) – https://freeyourinnerguru.com/shop
Connect with Free Your Inner Guru® online