Podcast: Play in new window | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Podchaser | TuneIn | RSS
Ivanka Siolkowsky, aka The Tidy Moose, shares her journey from classroom to closets in this compelling conversation about the power of your physical environment.
Ivanka Siolkowsky is a former elementary school teacher whose life was transformed when she began learning the many benefits of minimalism and organization.
“I had to control my surroundings to bring myself peace.”
At a time when she was struggling with her mental health, Ivanka was given Marie Kondo’s book The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up as a joke gift. Reading it led her on a journey of exploration of the correlation between having a decluttered space and her mental health.
Ivanka is now a Kon-Mari certified professional organizer who brings compassion and insight into her clients’ homes.
Listen to hear Ivanka Siolkowsky’s perspective on these big ideas:
- The correlation between organization and developmental growth.
- Looking back at rock bottom, Ivanka …..
- The consequences of being “hammered with consumerism”.
- How Ivanka uses the Kon-Mari Method™ in her work and the most mind-blowing thing she learned from it.
- The change in mindset from “what should I get rid of” to “what should I keep?”.
- Why Ivanka created The Moose Method to work with children.
- The one thing you must do when you de-clutter.
- Why sentimental items are the last place to start when you organize.
- Gratitude as part of the de-cluttering process
- The energy of your “spark joy” items. Hint – it’s different for everyone!
- When teachers become a commodity: Laura and Ivanka discuss their respective departures from teaching.
Mentioned in this episode:
Marie Kondo’s book, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up
Ivanka Siolkowsky, Declutter Your Way to Health, Wealth, and Freedom
Ivanka Siolkowsky, The Tidy Moose (children’s book)
If you need immediate help:
- CAMH Crisis Resources Page – Toronto and Surrounding Area
- CTV News – Mental Health in Canada – Where to get help
Want more conscious conversations in your life?
Support the podcast and join the Free Your Inner Guru® Leadership Community at freeyourinnerguru.com/leadership-community
Leave a Reply